A summary of the past week of posts to my in-character Star Trek Online Tumblr, chronicling the adventures of E.N. Morwen, a science-loving and thoughtful young woman trapped in a galaxy of warring space giants. Covering a bit more than usual this week because of the move from Tuesdays to Thursdays.
- Temporal Ambassador Redux: Alternate past Morwen, Tasha Yar, and the crew of the Enterprise-C struggle to return the ship to the past and restore the timestream.
- Ceron System Patrol: The Klingon renegades have blockaded a planet and are destroying civilian ships trying to escape.
- Gamma Eridon System Patrol: The Phoenix responds to a distress call from Romulans under attack by Gorn loyal to the renegades.
- Beta Thoridor System Patrol: The Phoenix helps Romulan forces repel a “small Klingon battle group.”
- Japori System Patrol: The Phoenix helps defend the Romulan colony on Japori II from an incursion by Nausicaan privateers hired by the renegades.
- Daise System Patrol: The Romanov investigates why Romulan listening posts have been failing.
- Eriksson System Patrol: Lelar, the Ferengi captain of the Kaname, leads a group of ship’s from the 531st to destroy a Klingon advance force before they can fortify their new position.
- Objects at Rest: The Starfleet Academy Graduating Class of 2410 get a second chance at a graduation cruise on the Pizza, and find themselves trapped in the middle of a Klingon fleet massing to strike at the heart of the Federation! [Original]
- Remain at Rest: Morwen leads the Starfleet forces as the final battle with K’tin’s renegades begins. [Original]
- Tribble in Paradise: The crews of the Phoenix and Van Houten take some much-needed shore leave on Risa, while Morwen worries that every time she tries to go on vacation, something goes terribly wrong. [Original]
As the flag officer of a fleet or tactical group, Starfleet regulations also require Morwen to provide a Fleet Status Report briefly summarizing the current status and mission of all ships under her command, every Stardate that’s a multiple of 10.
The “System Patrol” missions in this block continue my experiment’s final act: I continued doing System Patrol missions with no foreknowledge of what would happen in them, weaving them into the ongoing story as I went. That story then reaches its climax with the two-part finale “Objects at Rest”/”Remain at Rest,” followed by an epilogue of sorts in “Tribble in Paradise.” The two parter was pretty much entirely made up by me; “Tribble in Paradise” was originally original, but then I revised it to (very, very loosely) incorporate some elements of the game’s summer event on Risa.
As I said last week, Temporal Ambassador Redux is a bit different; I’m using the fact that my Delta Recruit alt (who is gameplay source for the “past self” Morwen keeps communicating with on behalf of Temporal Investigations) got an assignment to retrieve information from the alternate timeline in her run of “Temporal Ambassador” to finally get to cover that mission (one of my favorites) on the blog, which I couldn’t do when I played it because Morwen shouldn’t actually remember any of it.
This is probably the only time I’ll try this experiment, as I believe between it, the Alpha Quadrant system patrol missions I tied into the game’s Cardassian plot arc, and the fact that the game itself includes the Delta Quadrant system patrol missions in the plot, I have now covered all the system patrol missions in the game. Unless of course they add some new ones in future release, but I’m actually hoping based on the trailers and news for Season 11 so far that they’re planning to bring back procedurally generated exploration missions instead–an element the game used to include, but eliminated before I started playing.