Hey folks! Reminder that my Patreon is a thing that exists! We’re just one $2 pledge short of being able to make re:Play Episode 2 next month, but that pledge has to come in by Friday to count! For that $2 you get access to all of Near-Apocalypse of ’09 written so far, a full four months ahead of what’s been released publicly. Higher pledges get more goodies! Thanks as always for your readership and support!
A summary of the past week of posts to my in-character Star Trek Online Tumblr, chronicling the adventures of E.N. Morwen, a science-loving and thoughtful young woman trapped in a galaxy of warring space giants.
- Reytan System Patrol: While investigating slow traffic on subspace relays in the Reytan System, the Madison is jumped by Orions.
- Una System Patrol: The Kestrel has to defend a colony of Luddites from Klingon raiders, and confirms that their crews are Klingons, not Undine or other fakes.
- Omar System Patrol: Morwen leads a strike force against a small fleet of Klingon warships in Federation space.
- Tazi System Patrol: Morwen’s strike force picks up a distress signal from a research station in a nearby system.
- Gunboat Diplomacy: Morwen decides to seek help from a friend in figuring out what’s going on with these recent raids. (Original.)
- The Bonded: Following up on Worf’s cryptic lead, Morwen goes looking for “Jeremy.” (Original.)
- Diplomats and Warriors: Morwen and Jeremy go to Qo’noS, the Klingon homeworld, in search of answers. (Original.)
As the flag officer of a fleet or tactical group, Starfleet regulations also require Morwen to provide a Fleet Status Report briefly summarizing the current status and mission of all ships under her command, every Stardate that’s a multiple of 10.
The “System Patrol” missions in this block represent an experiment: without knowing what they contained beforehand, I randomly picked one of my ships and took it on one of the early-game system patrol missions I’d skipped, while trying to work it into an ongoing story. “Gunboat Diplomacy,” “The Bonded,” and “Diplomats and Warriors” then serve as the culmination of the first act of that story.