A summary of the past week of posts to my in-character Star Trek Online Tumblr, chronicling the adventures of E.N. Morwen, a science-loving and thoughtful young woman trapped in a galaxy of warring space giants.
- Commencement Ceremonies: Morwen is asked to provide the commencement address for the Starfleet Academy Class of 2410. (Original adventure, not based on STO missions, except that the time travel bit is a perspective flip on the tutorial for a new Fed character started during the Temporal Recruit event.)
- Raids and Reflections: On its way home, the Pizza picks up a distress signal and things get… familiar. (Original adventure, not based on STO missions.)
- Kei System Patrol: The Noble responds to a distress signal from a mine under Orion attack.
- Beytan System Patrol: The Sakura tries to assist miners who have gone on strike.
- Pellme System Patrol: The Shinonome investigates seismic readings that could mean disaster for the colony on Pellme II.
- Bhea System Patrol: The Van Houten uncovers disturbing evidence that the recent increase in Orion piracy is a sign of much worse on the horizon.
- Pico System Patrol: The Scully assists a damaged mining ship.
- Reytan System Patrol: While investigating slow traffic on subspace relays in the Reytan System, the Madison is jumped by Orions.
As the flag officer of a fleet or tactical group, Starfleet regulations also require Morwen to provide a Fleet Status Report briefly summarizing the current status and mission of all ships under her command, every Stardate that’s a multiple of 10.
Starting with Kei System Patrol, these represent an experiment: without knowing what they contained beforehand, I randomly picked one of my ships and took it on one of the early-game system patrol missions I’d skipped, while trying to work it into an ongoing story continuing from “Commencement Ceremonies” and “Raids and Reflections.” I like how it came out, I think.
Also, I accidentally let my queue run out and didn’t have time to restart it for a couple of days, so this is about 15 entries shorter than it should have been. Sorry!