A summary of the past week of posts to my in-character Star Trek Online Tumblr, chronicling the adventures of E.N. Morwen, a science-loving and thoughtful young woman trapped in a galaxy of warring space giants.
- The Hive: In which Morwen takes the fight to the Borg.
- Hidden Camera: In which a mysterious message brings Morwen back to New Romulus.
- Secret Shuttle Codes: In which Morwen’s mystery correspondent leads her to expose the Tal Shiar’s new ally.
- Web Access: In which another threat to New Romulus is revealed.
- Latest Findings: In which Morwen attends a presentation about archeological findings on New Romulus.
- The Power Source: In which the fate of the ancient Dewans is revealed.
- Beta Lankal System Patrol: In which the Phoenix is sent to try to recover some Iconian-era artifacts from a system claimed by the Tholians, and has a surprising encounter.
- Pheben System Patrol: In which the Phoenix has to enforce a quarantine to prevent the spread of ship-eating bacteria.
As the flag officer of a fleet or tactical group, Starfleet regulations also require Morwen to provide a Fleet Status Report briefly summarizing the current status and mission of all ships under her command, every Stardate that’s a multiple of 10.
I’ve pretty much given up on the fleet thing. It requires skill at networking and organizing people, and that’s just not something I can do. If it should ever happen that I have semi-regular contact with four other people in the game who are all simultaneously interested in forming a fleet together, I’ll do it, but I’m not going to do anything to try to actively recruit. Which I already wasn’t doing, the change is that I’m letting myself off the hook for not doing it.