Finished my Apocalypse panel last night, and I am inordinately pleased with it. So either I’ll flub it horribly or no one will show up.
But until the inevitable catastrophe (heh) kicks in, here’s some facts about it:
- Running length: ~48 minutes on my test run, which is ideal for a 1-hour slot.
- Number of video clips: 2 (low for me, but I have a LOT of talking to do)
- Number of slides: 16, included title slide and bibliography
- Genres of pre-anime works discussed: heroic epic, philosophical dialogue, sacred legend, sacred prophecy, alien invasion, bildungsroman
- Genres of anime discussed: cyberpunk, super robot psychodrama, surrealist fairy tale, teen romance, magical girl
- Uses of the word qlippothic: 0, alas
- Bibliography entries that, at first glance, make no sense: 1
Also I just bought a refurbished video camera, assuming it arrives in time and works I will be able to record my panels.